Sadly, all training through 31 Aug 20 will be cancelled, including summer camps. Cadets will receive their level certification for the current training year. Please see the general order below:
SPRING AND SUMMER 2020 ACTIVITIES CANCELLATION
Refs: A. CATO 14-06, Training or Recreational and Educational Trips
B. CANFORGEN 039/20
C. 3350-Op LASER 20-01
D. CANCDTGEN 008/20
E. CANCDTGEN 010/20
F. CANCDTGEN 011/20
G. CANCDTGEN 012/20
H. CANCDTGEN 14/20
1. In addition to direction delivered at refs D to H, Comd Natl CJCR Sp Gp has made the decision to cancel all in-person activities related to the Cadet and JCR programs through to 31 Aug 20. This includes, but is not limited to local training, corps and squadron trips, cadet summer training and activities, in-person training for Cadet Instructors Cadre officers, and, in coordination with the Canadian Army, the JCR enhanced training sessions.
2. Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers will not be penalized for missing the remainder of the 2019-2020 training year, and will be credited as having this year’s training completed.
3. Our goal over the coming months is to focus and remain connected with the cadets. Staff at the corps/squadron level will be seeking, where possible, innovative and meaningful ways to connect with cadets virtually. We will seek to explore options for new experiences online and looking for alternatives to in-person training activities. Maintaining the link with our cadets and staff is a priority.
4. For the summer, the Natl CJCR Sp Gp staff will begin planning to explore innovative ways to take advantage of this pause in training to implement new and exciting solutions for our program. You can expect to hear more about this in the weeks to come as we will be looking at options for alternative employment opportunities.
5. The decision to cancel activities ensures the safety and security of everyone who participates in our programs and will ensure that the Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers, like the Canadian Armed Forces, do not become a vector to spread COVID-19. It will also ensure that valuable resources, from medical support to facilities, can be made available to the CAF to assist Canadians when they need it the most.
6. This was not an easy decision, nor was it made in isolation. The Command Team of the National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group have consulted with many advisors and stakeholders, and have been closely monitoring the actions of like-minded youth organizations.
7. We understand many will be disappointed with this news. However, the strength and resilience of the men and women who not only support and lead this program, but also participate in it will prevail. This is our role to play in demonstrating leadership and citizenship in the face of adversity. Canada’s Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers are all up for the challenge.
8. The Natl CJCR Sp Gp continues to collaborate with the Department of National Defence and CAF as well as with other federal departments in order to maintain proper situational awareness on the COVID-19 situation in Canada and globally to synchronize interdepartmental response under the lead of Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. As a result, the situation is continuously being monitored and further decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
9. Additional details related to the impact of this decision and way forward will be communicated to all in the weeks ahead.
10. All available and updated information for the Natl CJCR Sp Gp response to COVID-19 can be found on the CCO net at: http://collaboration.cco.nat/sites/NAT/SitePages/covid19.aspx, DWAN: https://collab.cadets.gc.ca/sites/NAT/SitePages/covid19.aspx
Comments are closed.