Summer Virtual Training Courses
The following summer virtual training courses are offered. Please review the course outline or brochure for further details including eligibility.
- Virtual Basic Aviation
- Virtual Advanced Aviation
- Virtual Aerospace
- Virtual Airport Operations
- Virtual Survival
- Virtual Restricted Operator's Certificate (M)
- Virtual Pleasure Craft Operator Competency
- Virtual Military Band - Basic
- Virtual Military Band - Intermediate
- Virtual Military Band - Advanced
- Virtual Pipes and Drums - Basic
- Virtual Pipes and Drums - Intermediate
- Virtual Pipes and Drums - Advanced
- Virtual Cadet Correspondent
- Introduction to Fitness and Sports
- Virtual Coaching
- Virtual Instructional Techniques
- Effective Communication
- Cadet Cyber Training
Summer Cadet Activity Program
Summer CAP will consist of one-week serials of general cadet activities (Basic), Jr Drill & Leadership, Jr Marksmanship and Jr Fitness, and two-week serials of Sr Drill & Leadership, Sr Marksmanship, and Sr Fitness and Sports. The training booklet has additional information.
- In-Person training will be offered within the local community at the JP Fell Armoury.
- Training will be Monday-Friday, between 0900 and 1630 hrs. There will be 8 x 40 min periods of instruction and an hour for lunch.
- Junior courses are 1 week long, senior courses are 2 weeks long.
- Junior courses will start in mid-July with serials until mid-August. Senior courses will take place in the last two weeks of August. Dates are subject to change based on provincial health directives.
- Basic: General cadet activities, suitable for all junior cadets.
- Junior Drill and Leadership: This program will provide skills to cadets to be effective team members, budding leaders and strengthen their parade presence.
- Senior Drill and Leadership: This program will provide skills to the cadets to be active leaders in their unit and to competently teach basic drill.
- Junior Marksmanship: The aim of the Junior Marksmanship program is to provide cadets an opportunity to participate in training as a team member that will introduce and teach basic Marksmanship skills that will give cadets the foundational tools to be able to successfully participate in the Marksmanship program at their Corps/Squadron.
- Senior Marksmanship: The aim of the Senior Marksmanship program is to provide cadets an opportunity to perform the duties of working with the Marksmanship program with the skills and subject matter knowledge required to perform the role of a Marksmanship leader for activities conducted at their local Corps/Squadron.
- Junior Fitness and Sports: The aim of the CAP 1 Wk Basic Fitness and Sports course is to prepare cadets to perform the duties of a basic fitness and sports assistant while continuing to develop personal fitness and healthy living skills.
- Senior Fitness and Sports: The aim of the CAP 2 Wk Fitness and Sports Instructor course is to develop a fitness and sports specialist with the skills and subject matter knowledge required to perform the role of a Fitness and Sports Instructor and a team leader for fitness and sports activities conducted at the corps/squadron.
Applying for Virtual Training Courses or Activity Programs
- Read the course outline or course brochure to see what virtual camps you may be interested in and to verify you meet the prerequisites.
- If you wish to apply for a virtual cadet training course and meet the prerequisites, please fill out the summer virtual training request form and state what summer camp you wish to apply for.
- If you wish to apply for an in-person cadet activity program (CAP) and meet the prerequisites above, please fill out the summer CAP request form
- If you will be 16 years of age by 1 January 2021, but not older than 18 before 19 August 2021, and will have completed Level 4 training by the end of this training year, consider applying for a staff cadet position. Please contact the Training Officer with your application.
- Use the "contact us" portion of this website to submit any questions you may have, or talk to the Training Officer.